Parish Council Owned Facilities

The Village Green

Village GreenIncorporating play activities for children, several picnic benches and ample car parking.

The land was purchased by the Parish Council in 1975.

Two items of adult training equipment were installed in 2017.

 

Riverside Picnic Area - Bower Dell 

BowerDellIdeal for picnics in the peace and quiet by the river, well away from the road.

The nearest places to park are the Village Green or the Sports Field car parks.

The land was purchased by the Parish Council in 1980.

 

 

The Pinfold

A unique area of the village with its own vital part in history.

Children love the animal sculptures, while the benches make it good for a break from a walk, or a picnic.

The nearest place to park is the Sports Field car park.

The land was purchased by the Parish Council in 1952.

 

 

The Sports Field

Playing FieldsHome ground of Oxspring United Football Club.

Good for football practice, and fun on the basketball court.

The Sports Field has its own separate car park.

The land for the Sports Field was purchased by the Parish Council in 1952.

 

In 2017/2018 a small community orchard was developed as part of the Sport Fields close to the Basketball court.

 

The Allotments

AllotmentsThe Parish Council operates three facilities within the Parish.

They are situated at Clays Green, Roughbirchworth Lane and West Crescent.

The land was purchased by the Parish Council in 1988.

There is a waiting list in operation for these allotments as they are very popular.

Should you wish to go on the waiting list, please see our Allotments Page on how to apply.

 

 

The Anthills

This is the area of land incorporating the West Crescent Allotments along including the "meadow land" behind the allotments and the footpath that goes down to the Trans Pennine Trail.

The Ant Hills are accessed via the footpath adjacent to  the railway bridge over Sheffield Road at the western end of the village and the steps connecting to the Trans Pennine Trail.

The land was purchased by the Parish Council in 1988.

 

 

Gordon's Garden

The Parish Council owns the piece of land on Sheffield Road opposite the school, and it has recently been made into a memorial garden in memory of the late Gordon Wood, (who owned the former garage on this site).

A seat and stone carving have recently been placed here, and work is still ongoing.

The land was purchased by the Parish Council in 2008.

 

 

Rookery

This triangular piece of wooded land is located opposite the Village Green on the corner of Roughbirchworth Lane and Sheffield Road.

The land was purchased by the Parish Council in 1980.

 

 

Castle Green

This triangular piece of land on Castle Lane is ideal for picnics and comprises of an area equipped with seating and tables along with parking spaces for a limited number of cars.

The land was purchased by the Parish Council in 1980.

 

*********

 

For an approximate size (in acres) of each plot use this link.   Approximate size of plots